The Northern Strikers Soccer Club (“NSSC”) was started in 2009 by Paul Cain with just one competitive team. The initial goal was simple:
To provide an affordable, competitive soccer program focusing on long-term player development for players in Nottingham, NH and surrounding communities.
NSSC, a 501(c)3 organization, is now run by an all-volunteer Board of Directors and currently fields five travel teams in ages U9 through U14. Our competitive teams play fall through spring, including multiple indoor sessions. Additionally, in 2015, NSSC began offering recreational soccer for ages 3 through grade 8 and currently has over 140 players in its recreation program.
Mission and Philosophy
The philosophy of the Northern Strikers Soccer Club is simple:
- Promote an environment that teaches respect for yourself, teammates, coaches, opponents and referees; NSSC prides itself on its sportsmanship: Win with dignity. Lose with pride.
- Expose children to the beautiful game of soccer and to provide them the resources and foundation to develop to the level of play that they desire.
- Focus on player development, including having well-structured practice sessions, identification of individual strengths as well as areas for further improvement and a healthy competition at an age appropriate level; Player development takes precedence over winning
- Provide an environment that works to ensure the safety and wellbeing of players and coaches
Our Organization Leaders
- President: Kevin Barthel | email@example.com
- Vice President-Competitive: Keena Corriveau | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President-Recreation: OPEN
- Treasurer: OPEN | email@example.com
- Secretary: OPEN
- Director of Coaching: Drew Williams | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Business Development: Joe Caproni | email@example.com
- Equipment Chair: Matt Shirland | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media Chair: Brian Bernier
- Fields Chair: OPEN
- Board Member Emeritus: Nick Welch